Sunday, June 06, 2010

Madison's First Ballet Recital

On May 22nd Madison had her very first dance recital. It broke my heart to miss this special event. It was a bittersweet day for me. SO sweet because I was so proud of my little girl, and bitter because I wanted to be there with her so badly and not be alone in my hospital bed. We had both been looking forward to this day for a while. Of course Brett video taped it all for me and my mom and my friend Leslie took so many good pictures so that I could feel a part of it. Madison did such a good job! And after the performance Madison and her little friend Edie came to perform their dance for me! It was adorable, and it totally lifted my spirits.

Madison got her hair and make-up done by some of the older dancers from the dance studio. She looked so pretty !!




Getting lined up, ready to start dancing...

All of the cute ballerinas in her class.



In action!










This picture is one of my favorites because at the very end of the dance they all froze in their very own pose. Madison was very serious about this! She held her pose very still and she stayed in her pose for the longest. She finished strong!

Madison and Brett :)


Edie and Madison about to perform for me in my hospital room!


GOOD JOB GIRLIES!!! I gave them a little candy and flower for performing so well for me.

Me and Leslie with our cute ballerinas!
Madison with her flowers from Grandma Susan.
Madison doing her ballerina pose for me.
I gave her a ballerina doll for doing such a good job.
(Luckily, I have some very good friends and family who have also become very good personal shoppers!)

2 comments:

Foushee's said...

she just gets cuter and cuter everyday! i can't believe how big she is!

Leslie said...

Oh, Megan! I just read this post and it filled my eyes with tears. My heart broke for you to have had to miss this special day. I am so glad I could help with the pictures to help you feel like you were there. I love you!!! XOXO