Saturday, June 05, 2010

bed rest cont.

Here I am 18 1/2 weeks pregnant in the hospital at the very start of my bedrest... hanging out with my two best friends.

Sleepovers in the hospital!!!
I have been so lucky to have so many visitors. A few of my friends have even spent the night with me in the hospital so that I didn't have to be alone.

I got to go home on bedrest after one week in the hospital. Here I am at about 20 weeks with Madison :) She is showing me some of her art work from preschool!

Brett had to go out of town for the weekend so my sister Hailey came to take care of me! She did such a good job taking care of me and Madison and she was 34 weeks PREGNANT herself!! I love my sister. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family helping me with everything.

Here is Hailey enjoying"bedrest" with me. She thought it was great to spend the weekend in bed!
9590610498" />

Here are some of the projects I have done on bedrest. I have been busy in bed :) My sister helped me make the cute burp cloths and my mom helped me make the little onsies!!

Madison spent a lot of time playing in my room while I was at home! She would cart all her toys in my room and play by me for hours. Here she is lining up all her dolls :)

My dear friend Leslie taught me to crochet and I have become a little obsessed!! I have made a few hats and a blanket. I'm working on some cute booties right now.

Happy Mother's Day! Madison made me this beautiful poster for Mother's Day. I love it.

Celebrating 30 days on bedrest!! My friends threw a "girls night in" party for me at my house. I ventured downstairs for the special occasion. They made some really, really good food!! Here I am lounging on the couch with my sister at the party.

Back in the hospital. I was at home for about 3 1/2 weeks and then I was admitted back in the hospital at 23 weeks because I was contracting too much. Here I am after one week in the hospital. I MADE IT TO 24 weeks!!!!!!!!! The nurses gave me this certificate! I seriously couldn't be prouder!! 24 weeks is when a baby is considered "viable" and starts to have a chance for survival. What a sweet day it was! I will never forget the feeling of joy and accomplishment I had that day.

Brett Chilling in my hospital room. He and Madie have spent MANY, MANY hours here with me. I love my family.

My girlfriends visiting me in the hospital I am about 25 weeks along!

WHAT A TREAT!!! My sweet friend Michelle made me the best cake ever. Chocolate Peanut Butter! It was so YUMMY!!!!

and the bedrest continues...
Today is June 6th 2010
I am 27 weeks along...
I have been on bedrest for 8 weeks and 2 days...
I have spent a total 5 weeks in the hospital so far...
and i will keep going....

4 comments:

Karen said...

Megan I cannot believe what you have been through! I"m so happy to hear that you are 27 weeks. That is huge. I"m glad you have such good friends and great family support to get you through this. Good luck

Kimberly and Chris said...

Congratulations on getting to 27 weeks! You look great, keep up the good work!

sally said...

I'm so proud of you Megan...and deliriously happy for you. You are giving such a service of love. I'm also pretty proud of your husband and family for all their service to you. It warms my heart...being pregnant is enough of a challenge, but pregnant and in bed - i cannot imagine it. thank you for doing this and sharing it with us.

Jenna said...

Megan! I am glad to hear that you're 27 weeks! Hope everything continues to go well! Know you're being thought of!