Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

OuR MOtHeR's DaY!
Every year I do a mother's day luncheon for my mom and my mother-in-law. They come over and we enjoy a nice home made lunch. I always try new recipes and decorate the table. Here are some pictures from our luncheon this year.
The girls!

My table. The theme was black and white.


I served everything in flower pots. I found this cute idea in my new cookbook. I baked the bread in these flower pots.


Fresh fruit and coconut orange dip...served in a flower pot saucer and mini flower pot.
They got citrus lotion and shower gel as party favors.
Oh... and you can barely see the "low-voltage" pina coladas on the right side in the picture. They were good!

The main dish: Salmon and Pasta ceasar salad served in a flower pot.

Oh... and dessert was Molten Lava Cakes and Ice Cream!


Sorry this blog contains a little bragging. Its just that I don't cook very often so it is definately worth blogging about when I do!

hope everyone had a happy mother's day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind, i found your blog from Kiley's. You guys are so cute. Seriously you are so dang crafty too. What a fun afternoon for you girls and your mom.

Kori said...

Very cute Megan! I wish I could be that crafty!! It looks like you guys had a great time.

Kiley said...

CUTE, CUTE CUTE!!

Karen said...

Megan that is such a fun idea and it looks like so much fun. I can't believe how cute and talented you are. So creative!!

AW said...

You win the award for the nicest daughter/daughter-n-law! Very fun idea that I might have to copy:) sometime. Madie is so adorable and Megan (I'm assuming that Brett isn't the photographer in your family) you take WONDERFUL pictures! -Amanda (Bunn)

Anonymous said...

How cute! What lucky moms!!

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

I thought I already left a note on here- but I guess not. The lunch was so cute! You work so hard to do things like that! I am much too lazy!!
I love the bread in the pots, it is cute!

Molly said...

so cute Megan. Love the color scheme and flower pots!