Monday, April 21, 2008

Robie Creek

I did it!
I finished my first half-marathon: Robie Creek
I finished in 2 hours and 12 minutes.

Here I am celebrating just past the finish line.
Kiley and I with our Robie Creek T-shirts! We trained together and it payed off. We did a lot better we thought we would and the 8.5 miles uphill and 5 miles downhill weren't so bad afterall. Thanks Kiley for talking me into running it and training with me!

The finishers!
My brother Jordan finished in 2 hours and 2 minutes! Kiley finished in 2 hours and 34 minutes! Here we are enjoying the party afterwards.
Brett did awesome! He decided 4 days before Robie Creek that he was going to run it with me. I thought he was crazy. He hadn't trained at all and he isn't a runner. He is in awesome shape though! I have to admit that I am happy that beat him, but he had an awesome time of 2 hrs and 17 minutes.!
Just after Brett passed the finish line!

8 comments:

Kori said...

Good job Megan!! It sounds like you kicked butt!!

Kiley said...

I love that picture of you crossing the finish line. It was great to train together and have our hard work pay off. We rock!

Kendall said...

That is so great. I was just wondering if you had run it or not. Congratulations! You are amazing and what a fun husband! That's great that he joined in on the fun.

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

You guys are awesome! Where is your cute tank top though? Was it too cold? I just realized that I am the ONLY person in our family who hasn't run Robie. Uh-oh, does that mean I have to?
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's awesome...and Brett, not having trained! I'm so proud of you guys!!

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

Tell Brett I like his tank.

Molly said...

Wow! I am impressed. That sounds like quite the run!

Rene' said...

Good job girl! Go speed racer Go!